Saturday, August 21, 2010

Peach Muffins


The love of my life has decided that these muffins are absolutely delicious. And I have to agree. This was the first time I have just tried to create a recipe on my own...

After eating the muffins, I think they could be made with other fruits. I am trying them with strawberries next week. I'll let you know how it goes. Plus, they are so sweet that you could even turn them into cupcakes and add some frosting.

So here is what you'll need:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
12 oz or so of fruit (I used peaches this time around)
2 eggs
2/3 cups vegetable oil

What to do:

I mixed the dry ingredients together. Then I added the eggs and fruit. After mixing again I added the oil and mixed one last time. Here you'll have to decide how big you want the chunks of fruit to appear in your muffins and let that determine how long you mix. I mixed and mixed in fear that my family wouldn't eat delicious chunks of peach....ugh... so hard to talk them into yummy stuff.

After putting the mix into cupcake holders, I baked for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. I would think this would make a great bread too, but I would only set oven at 350 and bake it a lot longer - maybe an hour.

1 comment:

  1. yum! thanks for the recipe!! simple to make and healthy with fresh fruit!

    ReplyDelete