Tuesday, August 3, 2010

7/31 Rite Aid Trip


As the end of the month was approaching, I took some time to go through my coupons. I always clean out at this time to help keep organized. I noticed that I had a Rite Aid coupon booklet that was expiring plus they had a cereal deal going on that I wanted to take part in. My husband has been finishing a box of cereal in a day or two since he went back to work. It is insane the amount of food he's been eating.

Anyway, here was the scenario:

4 boxes of Kellog's Cereals $2 each ($8 total)
4 Reach Flosses $0.99 each ($3.96)
1 cover girl lip gloss $5.99
1 Herbal Essences Hair Styler $4.59
1 Peanut Butter Cups $0.50 needed filler

Total $23.04

I used:
$5 off $20
2 - $1 off cereal printables
4 - $1 off reach coupons from old insert
$2 Rite Aid cover girl coupon
$1 Cover girl coupon from P&G
$2 Rite Aid Herbal Ess.
$1 Herbal Ess from P&G
$5 in +Up rewards

So my total was $1.04

The register said that it wouldn't take one of my +ups so I had to add the Peanut Butter Cups. Looking at the receipt, I don't really understand why. Without it I would have owed $22.54 and I had $22 in coupons. SO I still would have been over. It was such a good deal that I just did it and went home happy.

I received $2 more in +up rewards. I now have purchases towards the Oral Care Rebate, the Glam Bag, and the Kellogs Rebate. You can see all rebates at Rite Aid's website. I prefer picking up the printed rebate flyer so that I have it in my hands to look at.

This week's Rite Aid scenario coming up next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment