Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chocolatey Peanut Butter Bites


I like to think of these like my little candy bars. They are easy, cheap, and delicious.

I received a bunch of coupons for Kashi through Vocal Point. Then I searched for deals to make the cereal free. Now that I have so much of it, I needed to find ways to use it.

I don't do a whole lot of measuring unless I'm baking. So any amounts I give are just estimates.

You'll need:

2 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter

1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

about 4 1/2 cups of Kashi Go Lean Crunch (any crunchy cereal will really do, but this is what I had on hand)

I softened the peanut butter for a couple minutes on low heat in a sauce pan. Then I removed from heat and stirred in the chocolate. Once that was well mixed I added the cereal. i kept stirring until it was well coated. From here, I placed chunks of the mixture on plates to cool in the fridge. It is really yummy cold and can even be frozen so that it is ready any time. I think this is a great treat to add to Christmas cookie plates as well. And since it can be waiting in your freezer, you don't have to do all the prep at such a busy time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment