Thursday, July 22, 2010

Frugal Fun #10


I think that blogging or just being part of the computer age can cause many to become stuck behind a computer or hooked to electronics. So I like to spend a large portion of my day away from any cell phones, computers, or gadgets. I take my children outside with me for all sorts of activities. Jogging is one of my favorites. It gives my children fresh air, change of scenery, and no TV. It gives me exercise, a chance to relieve stress and regroup, and chance to be me. Before I was a mom I would run a good 12 miles a day. It was glorious. Now I'm lucky if I get an hour to run... and almost never by myself. I like to think that I can't get as far because now I'm pushing over 100 pounds, but that is a whole other story. Jogging gives me energy and is free. I did have to buy the stroller. We bought a double for under $200 and have used it for over 15 months which makes it way less than a dollar a day to pay for it. Plus I've added a new element. We like to collect cans as we go. I would never do this without the stroller to hide the bottles in. Yes, I would feel a little silly. But picking up the bottles helps clean up the area and I make 5 cents on each bottle in New York state when I return them.

If you don't have the money to buy a stroller you could always look to groups like freecycle or freepeats for used strollers that other families don't want anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment