Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Early Garbage Picking















Before I became a full-fledged dumpster diver, I started as just your run of the mill garbage picker. I know that some might think that this is terribly gross, but it doesn't have to be. People get rid of useful things in their garbage everyday!!! And I really think that some people put things by the side of the road because they don't have the time to sell or give away, but they know someone out there can use it. Now, I am not telling you to go through people's garbage cans in their yards in the middle of the night. However, I have "taken note" or the garbage nights for certain areas in my town and I might happen to drive by and see what is being offered.

As you can see in the pictures, all of these items were nice finds that my children enjoy. And not one of them required my touching other people's gross or dangerous garbage. They were simply left by the side of the road. This is a great way to start saving money without actually diving into a dumpster.

No comments:

Post a Comment