Monday, June 21, 2010

"Dumpster Diving"


For those of you that don't know me, I am a bit of an odd ball. I love to stay up late. I like to start projects at 10pm. I love for things to be neat and tidy, although you can't tell by looking at my house. I used to have NO DEBT. Yes, I had no debt before I became pregnant with my daughter. And I am pretty shy. My shyness goes to the point that it has been hard for me to ask even my family members to become followers of my blog.... So for me to admit that I have tried dumpster diving really takes a lot of guts.

I have to be honest. I was in a bit of a bind. I can't afford to pay for all of those coupon inserts that I use. I tried asking the local gas station for leftovers. But I had to wait until after midnight each Sunday (or should I say Monday) and then some of the weeks they were clear out of papers. So I couldn't depend on them. So I turned to the recycling bin. It isn't a dumpster full of disgusting garbage. In fact, it only has paper products. And I have found that I am hooked. I don't know if it is the fact that I feel like I'm being naughty and for a goody two shoes, I really needed a thrill, or that I just love getting a good deal and coupons sometimes get me to the deal, but I am hooked. I go there several times a week. And I have a ton to show for it. So I am going to start posting some of my divine dumpster diving finds. Look for the first post coming soon. And leave a comment if you have ever tried.... I'd love to hear about it.

Picture from frugalvillage.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I keep reading your 'about me' posts and you are seriously so like me! I am up right now (duh) and it's 1:23 in the am. Why? I'm a night owl. Always have been. Thank goodness for being a sahm and a babe who sleeps til 8:30 am. Shy...my family doesn't even know I have a blog! I would feel too judged. Sure, I could double my followers, but I'm sure they think I could be doing better things with my time. :/ It is what it is. I just love to save and share deals all the while going green. Wow, I typed a lot...Stop by any time you are up late lol.

    Chelle

    ReplyDelete