Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recipe: Meatball Soup


Here is a quick meal that I make on week night's:

I keep homemade meatballs in the freezer to keep this quick after work.

You'll need:

meatballs
2 small onions chopped
italian seasoning
orzo (half a box)
frozen chopped spinach (I use the bird's eye box)
2 large cans of chicken broth (48oz each)
Here's what you do:

Boil the chicken broth, onions, seasoning, and spinach for about 20 minutes. I add the orzo about 15 minutes in. When the orzo seems to be about half way done I add the meatballs to the mix. Once the pasta has finished cooking I just let it simmer.

This meal is really cheap and super fast. And even my hubby loved it... and he is picky. It makes more than enough for 2 meals for my family of 4.

Do you have any cheap and fast work night meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment