Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wegmans: Consistent Low Prices


If you ever look at the Wegmans weekly circular, I am sure that you have seen the term "Consistent Low Prices." I am going to abbreviate and call them CLPs. At first, I was kind of annoyed. Wegmans kept posting these in the circular and I thought they were trying to trick people into thinking these items were on sale. As time went on, and I got better at comparative shopping and coupon matching, I realized that these products were better than on sale. These were prices that were always that low. I didn't have to rush in time to make the sale. And if I didn't get enough when I stocked up, the price was the same weeks and sometimes months later. To me the CLPs are more of a guarantee that I will be able to afford to get what my family needs.

So that being said, I am very excited about the recent press release from Wegmans. They are guaranteeing a consistent low price on 40 different items throughout the rest of 2011. And it isn't silly stuff. These are items that everyone uses: produce, pasta, meat, laundry detergent, and even yogurt. Because they have included many varieties and sizes this ends up including around 200 different items.

You can see all the items and prices for your local store here.

What do you think about this????

No comments:

Post a Comment