Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Making time for me... without a whole lot of $$$







Thanks to Crystal Light for sponsoring this post. To learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight.


Being a mom, a teacher, and a blogger doesn't leave me with a whole lot of time for just me. I am sure that the mommies out there know what I am talking about. And I know other teachers out there would agree too. Now I know that some of my colleagues go to the spa, get their nails done, or even go out to happy hour. And I don't see anything wrong with them spending their time and money in any way they want, but I don't have these options. So what is a girl to do?

Well, here are some of the things that I do to find time for me and not break our very small bank:

1.) I get up before my family to exercise. You can get DVDs with your swagbucks online through Amazon. Or you can just do exercises on your own. I even use an inexpensive jump rope. Or most of you know that I also LOVE to run. It is cheap and keeps me happy.

2.) I shut and lock the door when it is time for a shower. Now this might sound silly to some. But for a long time, my little ones would even follow me into the bathroom. I never had a moment alone. AHHHHHHH I was going crazy. So now, I make sure my hubby is around and tell him that I don't want to be interrupted. It is glorious and doesn't cost anything extra.

3.) My hubby and I purchased a dish washer. This one probably sounds non-frugal. Well, in a sense I think it is. I believe that my time is worth more than money. And it felt like I went to work, went for my afternoon run with the kids, made dinner, and then washed dishes. That was the evening. Really sounds great doesn't it? So a few months ago my hubby and I did our homework. We started watching the deals and researching stores and options. We found one that fit our budget and got it. I swear it was the best purchase we ever made. I have my life back. Now my family can play an evening game, play outside, or work on my little loves reading and writing and I can be a part of it. And not feeling guilty about the time with my family helps me not feel guilty about the time I take for me.

4.) I save redbox codes for "chick flicks." I used to feel bad about renting movies that I only watch. But when you are getting one for free it doesn't seem so bad. I only get to do this one about once a month. It is usually a Saturday when hubby it out, babe is sleeping, and my little love it doing "art supplies."

5.) I try to do some of the shopping alone. Sometimes it might just be a quick trip to Rite Aid, but since couponing and finding deals are something that helps our family and something I enjoy, I try to get a few minutes alone where I can wander to any part of the store, look at things that aren't on my list, and just get to think. If you've been shopping with a little one recently, then you probably know just how great going to the store without someone begging, pulling things off the shelves, needing to use the bathroom, and so on.

Now obviously, what I do might not work for everyone, but I hope that it gets you thinking about ways you can get a few minutes for yourself just about everyday. Find something you love or something that will help you relax and find a way to fit it in your day and budget. And enjoy this great life we've been given!!!


Remember, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight to learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors. I was selected and paid for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment