Monday, October 11, 2010

First Trip to Rite Aid this week...



First of all, sorry about the mess. My little love was covering the table with her goodies while chewing on some cucumbers and dip...

Now, on to the good stuff.
I love Rite Aid. And I think that Rite Aid might love us back when I look at the ads and coupon match-ups.

I did two transactions and I am working on a third that I will try tomorrow.

Here is what I got:

Transaction #1

3 - 12 packs of Coke $9.99
1 No nonsense socks $2.99
2 Sinex (Nyquil) $4.99 each ($9.98)
3 bags of halloween candy $6

Total $27.96

I used the following coupons:

$5 off $25
$1 no nonsense VV
2 - $4 sinex coupons
$1/3 candy
$1 off kit kat VV

(That's $16 in coupons.)
I paid the rest in +ups and paid the tax on a gift card. Yes, I still had some left on a card:) yipppee.
Then I got back 2 $1.50 for Sinex, $1 for Coke, $1 for no nonsense, $1 for candy

Transaction #2

2 Bags Dove Candy 2/$6
6 King sized candy Bars $6
Cold-Eeez $4.99
Pedia Care Multi-Symptom $4.99
2 bags if Halls $2
2 Gain dish detergents $0.89 each ($1.78)

Total $25.76


I used the following coupons:
$5 off $25
$1 off Dove
$1/2 Dove VV
3 BOGO candy coupons ($3)
$1/2 Halls
$0.50 Hall VV
2 - $1 off Gain
(That's $13.50 in coupons. I used the previous +ups from the first transaction. Then I used the last little bit on my gift card. I ended up handing over $4 in cash in the end.

I got back $3 in +ups and will then get back $9.98 in SCR for cold medicines.

This could have been a better deal if I didn't want the Coke. I use it when I get migraines, which unfortunatley has been a lot lately. But it is great when you can't take the migraine meds.

Another idea I had was this:

Gentle Vapor $7 (The night light deal)
No nonsense $2.99
Sinex $4.99
2 Halls $2
4 King Size Candy Bars $4

Total just under $21

Then use $4 off $20, $1 no nonsense $1, $4 Sinex, $1/2 Halls, $0.50 Halls, 2-Bogo candy coupons. $13.50 in coupons, then get back the $7 for Vapor, $1 +up for no nonsense, $1.50 Sinex, $1 +up for candy. That would make this one a money maker. :)

1 comment:

  1. My Rite Aid doesnt carry Sinex pills, but the $4 off Sinex coupon did work on the Nyquil and Dayquil pills ... probably because they are both made by Vicks. I wanted to some of the coupons on the Sinex nose spray, but that wasnt on sale. So I stocked up on the meds. Good thing too, I have 2 sickies today!!

    ReplyDelete