Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Frugal Fun


I hate to even put the word frugal here because I think that some will automatically assume that it can't be fun. But we had SO much fun. Our family loves the local festivals, but festivals can be expensive. There is high priced food, parking, and the local artisans selling their craft. So this year we tried something new. We went before the festival started. The shots you see here are the local lilacs at Highland Park in Rochester, New York. Each year there is a famous Lilac Festival. But we went and enjoyed their beauty before the hundreds of thousands of others arrived. We had a lovely picnic in the field of lilacs, where we could enjoy each other, the sweet aroma, and some yummy food from our own cupboards and refrigerator.

I think that there are many ways to have fun without having to cost a lot if you are willing to think outside of the box. I challenge you to find a way to take something you love to do and find a way to do it for less. Maybe you love a local festival too. If it is in bloom try and go before all the hoopla arrives and enjoy the peaceful beauty! I'll be sharing more of our frugal fun throughout the nice weather months, but I encourage you to share yours too. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment