Monday, January 9, 2012

Frugal Fun: Using your local schools

Whether you home school, have children too young for school, or maybe your child attends a private school, you still may want to check out the opportunities at the local public schools. My daughter does attend a public school, so I get regular newsletters and notes sent about special activities. However, most schools also post these on their website, which you could book mark to keep an eye on.

I have noticed that her school has many programs in the evenings and weekends that have little to no cost, lots of potential for fun, and might be educational as well. This particular picture is from a Rain Forest presentation that we attended on Friday night. It was a free show for my son and my daughter was $5! You did not have to attend the school and the all the children there were able to meet incredible animals and even touch some of them.

You can see that my children are much braver than I am. There is no way I want to put a finger on that python.

Check out your local school's website and see if there are any great opportunities waiting for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment