Thursday, December 8, 2011

Book Review: Forever Fatihful

My latest free book from Waterbrook Multnomah's program Blogging for Books arrived a short while ago. It came in a huge box, because it was a HUGE book.

I received Forever Faithful, by Karen Kinsbury. It is considered a women's contemporary fiction piece. Inside it contained three novels, Waiting for Morning, A Moment of Weakness, and Halfway to Forever.

Kingsbury, who is also called the "Queen of Christian Fiction" by the New York Times, has a very nice manner to her writing. It is easy to follow and her characters are very realistic. I love the way she described some of the scenes so clearly in each book. It felt as though I were truly there in the scene as well.

In the first novel, Waiting for Morning, Kinsbury brings you through the life of a regular family as tradgedy hits. Hannah Ryan loses her husband and daughter in a fatal car accident caused by a drunk driver. The story brings you through Hannah's loss, her questioning of God, her steps through finding out how to mourn, hrer anger and hatred for the ones that seemed to cause her such pain and her life as a mother to the daughter that was saved.

Although I thought this book was very well written, it just was not my type of book. I think that there are tons of women out there that would enjoy this book. However, for me, it felt like a Christian soap opera that I had to force myself to read. If you like drama you will probably love this book.

All opinions are 100% mine. I recieved this book in return for my honest opinions. I was not paid for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment