Sunday, February 28, 2010

When my husband lost his job

Last summer was hectic at our house. I had returned to work the last couple of weeks at school after a glorious maternity leave and my husband was busy as well. He is in construction so that was his busy time of year. Then we got the news that the school I work for had some how made a mistake with my paychecks and I would not be getting paid thru June. To make matters worse, by the end of June, my husband was laid off. We were financially in a ton of trouble. We had two kids, had just bought our tiny house and wanted to fix it up, and we had no money to pay our bills. I had to come up with a plan. I became obsessed with trying to get our family stuff for free and finding possible ways of making extra money. I looked into everything and applied for a ton of diffrerent positions. This was the beginning of my new adventure in the world of frugality. Although I am no where near where others have gone, I am on my way to making the most of a dollar and not settling for just any old sale or any old price. So it has now been about 9 months into mu adventure. I am still making mistakes in the world of frugal living, but I am getting better at it. And I'd like to share some of the steps I have taken....

No comments:

Post a Comment