Monday, February 13, 2012

Book Review: Everything Romance: A Celebration of Love for Couples

Everything Romance: A Celebration of Love for Couples


"I can live without money, but I cannot live without love."
                                   ~ Judy Garland

Once again, I was pleased to receive a great new book in return for my honest review from Waterbrrok Multnomah Press.

Everything Romance is a cute little hard cover book perfect for setting out on the coffee table or the bathroom this time of year as Valentine's Day approaches.

I like to use this book kind of like  I would a daily scripture reading. It isn't like a novel, where you would sit down and read chapter after chapter. Instead, it is just short sweet pieces that get you thinking about love, romance, and your special someone.

It is filled with quotes, stories, and little ways to have fun. I loved reading the ideas for cheap dates that would be fun and fit into anyone's budget. And there was also some fun trivia and facts that just made me smile.

For example, on page 20, the Romance Trivia shared that a man who kisses his wife goodbye when he leaves for work each morning averages a higher income than those who don't. And on top of that they usually live 5 years longer as well. I wish that this was true for us in the money sense, but I will take the 5 extra years together over the money any time!!!

And one of my favorite "cheap" dates was on page 79, where they described a night alone where you and your love cook dinner together. I love this idea and had even been talking with the hubby about taking a cooking class together if we could fit it in with the baby coming. The only problem is trying to fit two people in my kitchen.

All in all, this book was fun, sweet, romantic, and it took the focus off the money and put it back on the love. It was one of my favorite books thus far and makes a great Valentine's Day gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment