Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting Veggies Cheap


I know that many people probably see my garden and say, well I don't have a garden so I can't save money on vegggies. Well I think that is totally untrue.

My tomatoes and peppers aren't quite ready and I'm out of the peppers I had frozen from last year. So I stopped by a local veggie stand to pick these up. (I couldn't get to the market with car broken down...ugh...) I couldn't help myself from the fresh peaches either. I love fresh produce and I enjoy giving my money to local farmers as well. I paid $6 for all of this food, which I think is a tiny bit high, but better than the grocery store.

I think that farmer's markets are even better. I have gotten entire baskets filled with peppers at the market for $3 or $4 dollars. So you can get great deals on produce without the work of the garden. I happen to love the garden, but it does require a lot of work. If you would like to find a farmer's market near you try Local Harvest where you just put in your zip code and and they find markets near you. I found some that I didn't even know about that carry all sorts of fun items. Check it out and let me know what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment